Monday, March 10, 2008

Well soon it is will be time to repot my towering Ampullaria.


This N. Ampullaria has really grown.

One stalk is now 14 inches high and the other 7 with both producing nice pitchers

The pitchers of this species grow a vinelike extension that drapes away from the main plant off of a leaf. A little bud grows on the tip. As it grows a little lip starts to form as well (on the right top).
.
I also measured the biggest pitcher which is 1.5 inches and other are 1 inch or less.

There are also little a crowd of tiny pitchers around the main stem in different places . I can call these ground or lower stem pitchers. Soon it is will be time to repot my towering plant

I have already started to repot the cp plants as one should do at least yearly to cleans the soil and renew it.

I repotted the N. Ampullaria last year and that seemed to spur tremendous growth. I hope it won't alter its fantastic growth.

1 comment:

eliza said...

Love your carnivorous plants
pictures .Love your ampullaris
I have trouble getting pitchers
on mine and I have a bicalarata
in the house on a heat pad and
I leave in the sub tropics.
In our mild winter they don't bear it. I don't dare get mine below
24 degrees celsius